Wednesday 25 July 2007

Lincoln Park After Dark

With a tripod in hand and the weather playing along nicely the filming could finally go ahead last night. After cycling from the flat to North Shore Beach House (8.69 miles no less!) my first hurdle was trying to identify the dancers, most of whom I'd only emailed. It seems describing myself as tall, blonde and carrying a tripod wasn't clear enough but through various phone calls and a few manic introductions to complete strangers I found my dancers.

The shoot on the beach went well. As ususal there were the ideas I'd had that just didn't come off at the time and there were a few unexpected little gems discovered by accident (probably shouldn't admit to that!). The dancers, Mindy, Kay, Brat, Sarah, Jori, Kate and Ada, managed to jump, turn, kick and roll around in the sand without too many problems - dancing in sand is much harder than it looks - and we were only disturbed by the local wildlife twice.

I haven't looked at the footage yet so I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'll have enough to make into a short film piece when I get home in September and you'll be shocked/intrigued/horrified/delighted to hear that I put myself in the film this time as well, and not just my usual leg cameo either.

The film will be edited in September with a public airing at some point during the winter. Time will tell whether I make the final cut.

No comments: