Thursday 19 July 2007

It's just like riding a bike.

What's just like riding a bike? I hear you ask. Well, riding a bike is just like riding a bike.

No I haven't completely lost it, today I was given a loan of a bike for the next 3 weeks. One of the dancers, Mindy, found out how much walking I was doing and that it probably wasn't helping my foot get any better so she offered me the use of her spare bike. When I say offered what I really mean is ordered.

"I've got a bike, come and pick it up and use it. Stop walking everywhere and cycle instead."

Kindness and bossiness seem to go hand in hand with people from the Mid-West. I'm not complaining though, between today and yesterday I've had one person buy a tripod for me to use and another give me her spare bike to save my gammy foot.

She's also invited me out on Saturday night to see the Neo-Futurists show again, I'm expecting at least half of the plays to have changed, and then for a drink at the Green Mill, Al Capone's old hang out which is now popular with arty types and rock musos. So it looks like I have a bike and a buddy all in one go. Fantastic.


Only one thing, between my gammy foot and the Green Mill, Breakbone is going to be even more fun than usual on Sunday!
x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll probably have to pay this time! x