Thursday 5 July 2007

4th of July and I'm bored!

It's 10pm and all I can hear are fireworks. I'm tired from a fortnight of travelling around different places and I'd like to just have a glass of wine, read my book and fall asleep. Impossible. I can't even figure out where they're coming from, they seem to be all around me and I'm in a residential area so it's a bit disorientating.

My parents and my brother left today to go home while I moved all my stuff into Liz's apartment. It's really strange being in someone's house, looking through cupboards for plates and glasses, trying to figure out where the toilet rolls kept, using their computer which is in their bedroom (I do have permission to be here!) when I've never met her. She offered me her spare room to sublet for the month after I got in touch with the dance company she works for and the deal was when I arrived in Chicago I was to go and collect keys from her as she would be on holiday for a few days. When I got to the studio she teaches at she was in the middle of a class and sent an assistant down with the keys and a letter explaining the air con, computer, etc. So basically she'll get home at some point tomorrow and there will be a complete stranger sleeping in her spare room.

It's extremely trusting of her and I'm not sure I could do it for someone else - although I shoud probably concentrate on moving out of my parents' house before I start subletting rooms!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

Loving your blog

Susan Elena said...

You're supposed to leave your name when you comment so I know who the nosey people are! x

Anonymous said...

How do I use this, mumx

Yogini said...

These 3 comments have made my day - I haven't laughed such a lot in a long time. I am smiling right now. You have gotta love your parents!
I am also loving the blog by the way. It is making me all misty-eyed for thinking about when I was last there and wishing we could be hanging out...oh well...
Enjoy, Isla x