Wednesday 11 July 2007

Faaabulous Honey!

Having noticed those ominent back clouds approaching I decided it was probably a good idea to leave the pool and do something indoors for the rest of the afternoon. So I went to Borders to buy a California book and do some research for when I leave here. Just as I was paying, the heavens opened so instead of braving the elements I headed for the coffee shop instead.

Sitting down with my latte and slice of carrot cake, which was so huge I managed a third of it and took the rest home, I opened my book and got reading only to be interrupted by a girl looking for a seat. This was a bit strange as the cafe had several empty tables but I just reckoned that she was looking for some company or felt uncomfortable sitting by herself. It wasn't until she started dishing out the compliments and asking where I went at night and whether we could go out at the weekend that I twigged.

Sorry, I'm straight and I have a boyfriend.

Oh, ok.

Quick exit.

The place was beginning to fill up now, as it's the only place on Broadway (quite a dodgy area, was hoping the rain wasn't going to be on all night) where normal folk can sit without feeling like someone is mentally checking your mugging value, so when a policeman (in uniform) sat down with a cup of coffee I didn't think anything of it. Until he also started dishing out compliments and asking where I went at night and whether we could go out at the weekend.

Sorry, I have a boyfriend.

Oh, ok, but you know, things aren't set in stone and he may not be the right guy for you.

This time it was my turn to make a quick exit.

I knew about a gay bar across the road where I'd had a salad after a day at the beach last week and, as it was a predominantly male gay bar, I was pretty sure I wouldn't get hassled. Within about 5 minutes of ordering a drink and opening my book (ironically at the San Francisco section) a young guy wandered over...

Excuse me, I just have to say you look faaabulous honey!

I gave him the rest of my carrot cake.

x

I think I've found my new favourite dress.

(It's the green one from Forever 21)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Told you that dress suited you. mx