Thursday 1 February 2007

Oh flip it's February!

Eek, this is the month I had decided to buy my flights, thinking that having decided to go travelling almost a year ago I would have saved up enough money...

I really was kidding myself with that one.

From the beginning of (my) time money has burnt a hole in my pocket, I never owned a piggy bank, well not one that was actually used for money (jewellery and randoms bits'n'bobs resided there instead) and my Saturday job wages rarely lasted me until Sunday. A deciding factor in sticking with freelance work was that I can't budget from one month to the next and am much better getting small amounts of money regularly.

Knowing all this about myself and still thinking I could save up should really have set some alarm bells ringing but nope, I was sure I could do it.

Ach well, I got some travel vouchers for Crimbo and have a few payments coming in so fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Zain said...

I feel your pain. I'm shit at saving - cetainly in comparison to Isla. However, it's only the beginning of Feb and if you held off till August to travel then you would have half a year to save. Having done this I can only say that it's been the best decision ever and if it's been your dream to travel the world and you don't do it now then you'll never do it. Carpe Diem and all that! Sorry but I'm not very good at beating about the bush (no pun intended!). Hope we do get to see you out here at the end of the year....