Thursday 23 August 2007

Playing Hide'n'Seek with LAX

You'd think a major international airport with 8 terminals would be clearly signposted from a variety of roads leading into LA. You'd think that but you'd be wrong. It's not until you're about 10 miles away that there are signposts. What's the point in that? By the time you're 10 miles away you can follow the planes in. I spent a very frustrating hour driving round LA today trying to find some sort of indication that I was heading in the right direction and ended up pulling in to a communications firm to ask the receptionist for directions. She very kindly printed out a mapquest page and as it turned out I was only 20 minutes away but without her help I doubt I'd have got any closer on my own. LAX needs to spend some cash on new road signs.

No comments: