Monday 20 August 2007

Must be my Lucky Day!

I'm paying for this internet so I'll skip yesterday's events (Beef head, The Mission and Liz the Lesbian) and just tell you about today, my lucky day. When I was packing my bag to leave SF this morning I noticed my iPod was missing. I'd had it in the lounge a few days ago and couldn't remember having it since then. Thought I'd lost it and was physically sick at the thought of it. On the off chance I asked at reception and some wonderful person had handed it in.

Next I went to pick up my hire car to drive to LA and the man serving me didn't recongise my booking and was about to turn me away. He then checked bookings in a different way (technical stuff) and found me. To apologise for the inconvience (I was standing there for a whole 5 minutes) he upgraded me to a convertible. I am now cruising down the 101 with the wind in my hair and the sun on my shoulders.

Then, when I arrived in Monterey, a fishing town, 2 men in their 60s/70s thought I looked lucky and they'd been having a bad day so they handed me their rod. Within 20 minutes I'd caught dinner. Wow!

Everything before this sentence was written yesterday, the secoong I typed the exclamation mark my session timed out. Luckily I had auto-save set and I didn't lose anything. My lucky day was Sunday 19 Aug, it's now Monday 20 Aug.

No comments: