Friday 15 December 2006

The beginning is nigh

January 2007 is when I plan to plan my round-the-world trip properly. I've thought about loads of people and places I'd like to visit and have tried my best to save some money (not doing very well on that front I have to admit but I've always been better at spending so it comes as no surprise really) so now is the time to put those plans into action.

The rough idea is to start with a trip to New York, Canada and Chicago with my family to visit family and friends for a special birthday (not mine, my mum's) then when they go home, I'll carry on across the states towards the west coast.

From there, I'll pop over to Fiji for a few weeks of topping up the tan then a bit of a trek across New Zealand. Just before Christmas I plan to arrive in Sydney, Australia to spend Christmas and New Year with my friends, Isla and Zain, then January will see them head off to China and Japan and me head round the rest of Oz before meeting up with Isla on a beach in Thailand for another tan top up session.

China and Japan will be next for me in April, then hopefully a wee jaunt to India to see the bits I missed tha last time before heading home for my mum's next birthday.

It all seems very simple in black and white but I'll be doing most of this on my own and am hoping to get work choreographing, performing, teaching or pulling (pints!) en route.

Wish me luck!

No comments: