Sunday 17 December 2006

1 down 1 to go

Over the next 6 months 2 of my friends are leaving to start new lives in different parts of the world. Isla in Sydney for a year and Karen in Portland, Oregon for who-knows-how-long?

My final goodbye to Isla was last night and, like all good nights, it consisted of a hanging collection of polaroids, an unwelcome chinese takeaway, Snow Patrol and a department of consultants and registrars from Monklands Hospital.

Leaving Isla was difficult as she was the one who gave me the impetus to travel round the world in the first place, it was while booking her flights that I decided to take the plunge and go for it. She's also been the one telling me I really won't need my straighteners, yes I really will need SPF30+ no matter how much I want a tan and I really can live without 24 pairs of shoes. She was also the one I was relying on to pack my bag for a year.

Aside from all that, Isla has been a great friend over the past few years, seeing me through some difficult times and helping me keep a sense of humour about Blaze performances while she's been kicking asses in the background on my behalf.

On the upside, she's leaving a bin bag full of unwanted 'stuff' which I am free to claim.

Every cloud and all that, eh!

2 comments:

Zain said...

Hey Susan,

I really like this template. I almost used it! Glad you've got into blogging. Will stick this on my blog and keep and eye on your travels. Good luck and all that. See you in Sydney.

Yogini said...

Hey Susan,
Thanks! More tears...Haven't moved into a place yet, but when I do, the polaroids are the first things that will be going up!
Miss you loads - who will I dance with now??
See you soon,
Isla xxx
Plus there is no way that you are getting out of the packing help - I'm only a phone call away!!