Thursday 10 January 2008

Funniest TV moment of 2008

Yes, I know we're only 10 days in and I'm sure there will be other amusing things for our televisual entertainment but this made me laugh out loud for a long time and I'm still giggling as I write this.

Picture the scene Amanda Lamb is trying to find England striker Jermain Defoe and his 22 year old, model fiancee, Charlotte Mears, a holiday home in Mallorca for less than £2million. She succeeds in finding them a 5 bedroom property that Charlotte loves with all furniture included for only £1.8m. Charlotte puts in an offer for £1.6m which the owners decline. The show ends with Charlotte humming and hawing over the extra £100,000 the owners have asked for.

Cue voiceover man.

"Since the end of filming Charlotte and Jermain have split up. Aww"

Fan-flipping-tastic! That voiceover man deserves an oscar or an MBE or something worthy of his wonderfully profound, insightful commentary.

Love it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The announcement had exactly the same effect on me. I was dancing around the room cheering, punching the air in absolute delight. I had no idea I could derive so much pleasure from somebody else's misfortune! I should feel thoroughly ashamed of myself and I hope that Jermaine and Charlotte can find it in their hearts to accept my heartfelt apology for my unacceptable outburst. The deadpan delivery of the announcement was pure comedy genius and unspoilt by the fact that I had no prior knowledge of the Defoe/Mears/Lloyd situation, the prior knowledge of which would have no doubt ruined the punchline.

Lorna White (Shanks) said...

Hiya! Thanks for checking out my blog, I'm not as good as you for updating it but I try! I agree that this programme was hilarious, TV genius! Delighted with Isla's news - I can't believe she's been away over a year already. Hope you're well anyway and catch up soon. xxx