Tuesday 12 June 2007

Fantomasofobia Blok Rocked

Blaze and FireBox were performing on Sunday night and it was one of those rare occassions where I actually knew it was going well at the time. I'm generally a bundle of nerves when other people are performing things I've choreographed as there's nothing I can do if they get something wrong or bump into something or someone on stage or their costume falls off or the lights don't work or the CD skips. It's completely out of my hands and as most of you know I'm not very good at handing over responsibility. So it was a relief on Sunday when I arrived and the techs had almost finished setting up the lighting rig, the DJs equipment worked straightaway, the projector was focused, the DVD didn't jump and the dancers all turned up with the costumes that looked great knowing all their moves.

In fact, the very fact that the dress and tech rehearsal was going so well was beginning to worry me!

Luckily it continued into the performance, we had a great show and the audience gave us some amazing feedback which will appear on the website at some point.

Special thanks to John on Sunday. It was his first DJing gig and he nailed it, although I've never seen anyone quite as nervous before a show. Although threatening to swith his records with Russ Abbott's greatest hits probably didn't help...

Oh what an atmosphere...

No comments: